PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

98 Degrees

And I'm not talking about the boy band.  Holy global warming Batman, it's HOT!  Please tell me I'm not the only one who feels like it takes an act of congress to get the air turned on at school.  It's crazy.  I'm hot.  The kids are hot.  And we all start to get cranky around 1:15.  Today was a BOYF kind of day {bring your own fan} and I brought two.  They didn't help much.  It was still 83 degrees in my room at the end of the day.  I know it could be worse {and it has been}, but I was not expecting to go from wearing my coat all day to not being able to take off enough clothes so quickly!!  Whew!  This summer is going to be ROUGH!  I need to start digging a pool.

In other news...I need to add something to my list of things I never thought I'd say:

Your nose is not an all you can eat buffet.  OMG, y'all.  This group of kindergartners are the worst nose pickers I've ever seen in my life.  It's awful.  At any given moment there are about 2 or 3 kids digging for gold.  I can't handle it.  So today I very casually and straight-facedly informed them that their nose is not an all you can eat buffet.  The straight face went away as soon as I saw my assistant shaking with laughter.  But I managed to keep it together enough for the kids to know I was serious.  Because I was.  It has to stop.  Especially since one school in our district was shut down for two days last week due to illness.  We can't be spreading germs around.  And we can't be grossing out the teacher.  My hands are raw from overuse of hand sanitizer.  Maybe my little chat today will work.  Maybe.  But probably not.  They just love to pick...

And because you're still here after a yucky booger story, here's a little freebie!  We've been working on rounding in second grade and so many of my friends are really struggling with finding the decade numbers that a given number is between.  We're going to do this tomorrow to give them practice in figuring out the two decade numbers and rounding to the nearest ten.

Grab your copy here!

Hope you have a wonderful, booger free rest of the week!



16 comments:

Erika said...

You need to get your hands on I'm a Booger, Treat Me with Respect. I once had a kid that would dig until his nose bled and he'd still eat it. Yuck!! I feel your pain.

2B Honey Bunch
The Best Endings

Unknown said...

You are right...it has been HOT!
Jennifer
First Grade Blue SKies

Cupcake said...

It's been 70 by me-- just right! :) Thanks for the freebie!!
❤Teri
A Cupcake for the Teacher

Deb said...

The other day I had to say, "Your arm is not for sucking!" I thought of you. :)

The booger thing is huge in my class this year too! I don't even try to be nice about it anymore. It's all "GET YOUR FINGER OUT OF YOUR NOSE! DO NOT EAT THAT! GET A TISSUE AND THEN SANITIZE!!!!" Uuuuggghhh.

Oh My Little Classity Class

Tara said...

Hahaha... I think we all know exactly what you are feeling! I love it when my second graders... yes 8 year olds... try to hide it by putting their hand up like I don't know what they are doing... I am sorry, but seriously... it is gross! I had a long talk with them about how "boogers are nothing but pollution from the air..." They all laughed and what not, but geez... go get a tissue! Thanks for the freebie! We are reviewing some before starting fractions!

Thanks again and thanks for the laugh!!

Tara

harpleysuperstars.blogspot.com

Jill said...

When I saw the title of your post on my phone, I was like, "YES! I love 98 Degrees!!!!!!!" Haha!

I have some nose pickers too. I try not to call them out but it is disgusting!!

Marvelous Multiagers!

Anonymous said...

I think we all have a list of things we thought we would never have to say. You made me laugh so hard I cried because I have said some of the same things.

Anonymous said...

I have some that LOVE the nurse's office so I have to say, "No one goes to the nurse unless you are bleeding a lot or on fire".

Miss DeCarbo said...

I just found your blog and it's so cute! :) Love the clover freebie - thanks!

Hope you can come over and visit my blog. :)

Second Grade Sugar and Spice

Kellie said...

Thank you! Just found your blog :)

5th Grade Rocks, 5th Grade Rules said...

Love your blog. I just got some good laughs...love the humor! I'm your newest follower. :)

~Mimi
5thGradeRocks,5thGradeRules

Kristin said...

Ha!!!! Your nose is not a buffet!!!! I am dying over this!
A Teeny Tiny Teacher

Casey Shreve said...

I love your blog!! How creative! I saw in your about me that you are teaching in Kentucky, which part? I'm from West Virginia, but extremely close to the border. Feel free to stop in and check out my blog! I'm new to all of this!

Casey

vicky1970 said...

Thanks for the freebie...where are you at? It's been rainy here in Southern CA which is kinda unusual. We have hardly had any rain this year so I'm happy for it. :o)
Vicky
Traditions Laughter and Happily Ever After

Unknown said...

Wow, I can't believe how warm the weather has been for you guys back in the midwest. We are having rain and they are calling for snow tonight here in Utah. I hope our cold front doesn't cause more tornadoes out your way this week. Miss your guts,
Rebecca

Teaching First

Burgoslnzk said...

When I saw the title of your post on my phone, I was like, "YES! I love 98 Degrees!!!!!!!" Haha! I have some nose pickers too. I try not to call them out but it is disgusting!! Marvelous Multiagers!