PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thankfulness

Happy Thanksgiving Eve!  I'm excited to link up with What the Teacher Wants and talk about all of the things I'm thankful for.  Anytime I talk about being thankful, Alanis Morissette's song "Thank U" gets stuck in my head... {thank u India, thank u terror, thank u disillusionment}  You can thank me for getting that stuck in your head later.  Anyway, here are all of the wonderful things for which I am thankful:

What are you thankful for in your classroom?

Well, my little friends, of course!  They crack me up on a daily basis and I am forever thankful for that.  I'm also thankful for my Smartboard.  Oh, it is just so wonderful.  It makes my life easier and my teaching so much funner.  The kids totally dig it too.

What person are you most thankful for?

It's too hard to just pick one!  I'm very thankful for my family.  We're all quirky, fun, and loving.  My entire family is absolutely hilarious and I love to laugh more than anything else on the face of the Earth, so I'm ever so thankful for my funny family.

What three blogs are you most thankful for?

Oh, I love so many blogs out there!  I'm rather thankful for Jennifer over at Rowdy in First Grade.  She's definitely one of my blogging BFFs.  We swap stories and problem solve together and it's just magnificent.  One of us needs to relocate ASAP so we can combine forces and kick some educational booty.



I also love me some Rebecca over at Teaching First!  It's been so fun getting to know her through giveaways we've done together!  There's a chance Rebecca, Jennifer, and I would have too much fun if we ever got together in real life.

Teaching First


My third is actually two: my Kentucky blogging buddies!  Sarah over at Kindergarten Korner has been an AMAZING partner in Holly Bloggy Christmas!  I'm so thankful for all of her help with that.  And it's just plain awesome to have another blogger in my district.


Kindergarten Korner


It has also been really fun to get to know Diana from Cole's Little Pups.  She's a sweetheart and I can't wait to meet up with her for lunch next weekend!  I'm going to have to work on getting her a blog button!

What guilty pleasure are you most thankful for?

Two words: Chelsea Lately.  She cracks me up and I would love to work on her show.  The working environment seems almost toxic with all of the practical jokes and dry humor and sarcasm.  Sounds like paradise to me.  I'll do almost anything for a laugh.  And I would love to be surrounded by people who have a good sense of humor.  Serious is the leading cause of wrinkles. 

What are you most thankful for?

I am most thankful for laughter.  If I couldn't laugh, I don't think I would make it.  You guys know I love Bill Cosby.  He says: "Through humor, you can soften some of the worst blows that life delivers.  And once you find laughter, no matter how painful your situation might be, you can survive it."  That is so true.  I have a very dry and warped sense of humor and I can find something to laugh about in almost any situation.  I just love to laugh.  It makes me happy.  It makes other people happy.  And happy is good.

Well friends, I'm off to have dinner with the fam.  On Thanksgiving Eve, I will leave you with this wonderful gem of advice I received from a Lifetime movie the other day: "Count your blessings and keep on steppin'!"




7 comments:

Kristin said...

:) You make me smile!! I love all of it!!!
A Teeny Tiny Teacher

Rebecca said...

Hello, Caitlin! Just wanted to let you know that I have an award for you on my blog! Come by and pick it up when you can.

Thanksgiving Blessings,
Rebecca

The Teacher's Chatterbox

Rachelle said...

Love this and I love your last one!!!! LAUGHTER IS VERY IMPORTANT!!! I love to laugh with my students and I feel like it brings us closer together!!!
Thanks for linking up!!!
=Rachelle
whattheteacherwants.blogspot.com

Owls and Lessons, Etc. said...

Can I just say Bill Cosby for President? Can we start a write in campaign? :)

Haley
followingoptimism.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for the shout out my friend! Ditto right back at cha! And I need to steal that quote by Bill Cosby! I'm right there with ya friend, laughter is the best medicine!! I'm thinking we need to plan a bloggy girls weekend reunion sometime so we can all get together with all our bloggy BFFs! Happy Thanksgiving!!
Hugs,
Rebecca
Teaching First

Mrs. Shelton said...

Awww! Thanks so much Caitlin! I have had so much fun doing this with ya! :) Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

Sarah
Kindergarten Korner

Jennifer said...

Thankful for you too! Can you tell I'm just catching up on blogging? You've been bombarded by comments from me. I'll leave you with this Cosby-ism:
"Dad is great! He feeds us chocolate cake!"

Rowdy in First Grade