PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Mixed Nuts {optional}

{Alternate Title: "A question that sometimes drives me hazy: Am I or are the others crazy?" Albert Einstein}

First of all, y'all are great.  I knew you would agree with me and tell me exactly what I wanted to hear.  Looks like I'll be in search of a fabulous cleaning lady.  But Merry Maids and Craigslist scare me to death.  So it may take me a while.  But from now on I'm definitely going to involve you guys in all of my important life decisions. 

So... the other day I decided I really wanted some chex mix.  My mother has completely ruined me with her chex mix and I can't just buy a bag at the store.  It's not the same.  It HAS to be home made.  But I don't have time for that.  So I found a recipe for the microwave.  And it's phenom.  Like, almost as good as my mom's.  {She will argue with me about that, but seriously.  It's pretty darn close.}  Anyway, as I was putting away the ingredients, I realized how much better the recipe of life would be if "mixed nuts" {ie: CRAZY people} were optional.  Seriously.  Crazies entertain me sometimes but sometimes I just can't handle it.  Like the people who decide to hit up the express check out lane when they clearly have more than 20 items in their cart.  Really?!  What makes them think they're so special that they don't have to follow the rules?  Can they not read?  Can they not count?  Do I need to do a mini-lesson???  What gives?!  Omitting that variety of nut would make my grocery shopping significantly less painful.

But sometimes there's a variety that greatly improves your quality of life.  On Friday we were professionally developed.  Fun times, right?  Well, in the middle of a very important discussion about testing, one teacher breaks out a rice cake and starts spraying it with some I Can't Believe It's Not Butter.  For serious.  We hear, "spritz, spritz, spritz" and we all turn, stare, and laugh uncontrollably.  Apparently some people keep some ICBINB spray in their purse.  Maybe I should give that a try?  I have some fruit snacks in mine, but that's nothing compared to spray butter.  What's the craziest thing you've ever pulled out of your purse or seen someone pull out of theirs?

And my sweet children have gone a little nutty themselves the past few weeks.  We've already had a discussion on the Bill Cosby "brain damage" theory, but they seem to develop more and more symptoms every day.  It's crazy!  This past week I saw one little darling put her paper on the floor between her legs while sitting in her chair and bend over to complete her work like that.  Seriously?  When have I ever said, "OK, class, let's put our papers on the floor and contort our bodies in our chairs so that we can do our work on the floor instead of on the table that is conveniently placed in front of us at the perfect height for work completion."  Oh yeah, that's right...NEVER!  Then we had an assembly at 8:30 one morning.  It was a great assembly, really.  It kept the kids engaged and entertained, but... Right in the middle, they had the kids get up and dance to the Cupid Shuffle.  My teammie and I looked at each other and she said, "There's no coming back from the Cupid Shuffle."  Truer words have never been spoken. 

Do you want to know what's REALLY crazy?  The fact that I have to work tomorrow.  I'm majorly bummed.  Now, we did have one snow day, so this is a make up day.  But we just had ONE snow day.  We have these built in days and we added an extra ten minutes to our day and all these little things for make up days but we still have to make up this ONE snow day.  UGH!  Don't they know that since we've just had ONE snow day, we are all ready for a little break?!  Seriously.  Please tell me that you have to go to work tomorrow too.  {You don't count, Sarah.  I know you have to work.}

If you are working tomorrow--and even if you're not, you may want to check out some of the new things I added to my TpT store.  I'm still in the process of getting a couple of other things added, but I did add these two cute books just in time for all of the Dr. Seuss fun over the next few weeks! 


I'm going to give these away to three people who comment.  Make sure you leave your email address!  I'll use random.org to choose my three winners tomorrow at 6pm central time.  So...share a little crazy with me or just say hi or something.  But DON'T rub it in that you get to stay home in your pajamas tomorrow while I'm at work.  Things might get ugly...


31 comments:

Lori Rosenberg said...

Looks great!
luvyorkies@gmail.com

Constance said...

Looks awesome!

crhdouglas@gmail.com

Sandra said...

Mixed nuts!!! Ha

Smatadam@gmail.com

See Me Teach said...

Those look great :) I HATE!!! when people get in front of me at the express check out with more than 10 items. Definitely one of my biggest pet peeves!

aconnolly1216@gmail.com

Jessica Laurine said...

OMG I thought I was the ONLY teacher going to work tomorrow! And we didn't even have one snow day this year...no fair!

Jessica
The Littlest Scholars

Ali said...

They look great! I'm sorry you have to work tomorrow.

Ali
alischepis(at)gmail.com

Unknown said...

Mixed nuts....lol
Jennifer
laughinbrunette@hotmail.com
First Grade Blue Skies

Learning with Mrs. Parker said...

I love Chex mix. I have a box along with candy melts ready to be used. The Lorax books look great.

learningwithmrsparker@gmail.com

Unknown said...

Love it!

-Lacey
laceykyates@gmail.com
wildaboutteaching10.blogspot.com

Kristin said...

Hilarious!!! I love it! And I have never thought to add butter to a rice cake, but maybe then I would eat one. I can't think of anything random in my purse right now . .. bummer!!!
I do have tomorrow off but I am whispering it and not showing off at all. I promise.
ateenytinyteacher@yahoo.com
A Teeny Tiny Teacher

Mrs. Jones Teaches said...

I'm on a mini-book craze right now, so I would love to win! Your books look cute. :o)

sarahmarianj at gmail dot com

vicky1970 said...

Hi Caitlin,
I'm so sorry you have to go to work tomorrow. We never have snow day breaks here in CA. Love your blog!Traditions, Laughter and Happily Ever After
~ Vicky

Miss Foote said...

Too funny! Thanks for the Sunday laugh!

Laurie
Chickadee Jubilee

Kim said...

Caitlin:
I laughed so hard at the ICBINB spray. I had to read it out loud to the hubs. He always laughs with me, even though I'm fairly sure he has no idea why some things are so funny.
My personal pet peeve is when people walk up to the cashier and Starbucks and then proceed to spend 5 minutes starring at the menu as if they had changed the offerings! Grrrrrr.

Sorry about tomorrow...

Kim
Finding JOY in 6th Grade

Sarah Plum said...

That is TOO precious!

sarahplumitallo at gmail dot com

Heather Shelton said...

Love it!

higgystyx@yahoo.com

Jennifer said...

Your Lorax book looks fantastic!!

I love your "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter" story!! I have heard of people carrying everything but the kitchen sink in their purse.....but, spray butter! Haha!

Jennifer
jenniferlalsip(at)yahoo(dot)com
The First Grade Dream

Linda said...

Omg! I hate when that happens at the grocery store! I worked at one too and people would get angry when you tried to tell them they had too many items.

We have school tomorrow too so you are not alone! Hope you have a great day!

Lnetzeband.at.gmail.com

Mrs. L said...

I won't tell you that I don't have school tomorrow.
I will ask you for your amazing chex recipe. "Please can I have it. Please!"
And I think it is hilarious that someone was eating a rice cake in your meeting. Those things are so noisy.
Life with Mrs. L

Miss Squirrels said...

I would ask for your Chex mIx recipe, but one of the temps that the dentist broke off today! And like me, they are off tomorrow....this could be my last comment ever....as I die a slow, sensitive......{bleck}!
Staci

Going Nutty!

misssquirrels@yahoo.com

rooneyhunt said...

The Lorax shape book looks great! I not only don't have to work tomorrow, but here in the northeast, we have the whole week off! But I'll be the sad one when your school year has ended and I'm still working!

~ Amy
ahunt@narrgansett.k12.ri.us

Sara said...

Love the Lorax...and LOVE the shape book!

-Sara
swood1987@aol.com

Michelle Griffo said...

The Lorax book is so cute!!!


Michelle
Apples and ABC's

Miss M said...

Bummer that you have school tomorrow! But The Lorax is my favorite Dr. Seuss book and I would so love to get this!

Thanks!
Sarah
www.thefabulousfirstgrade-sarah.blogspot.com

Liz Mccaw said...

Perfect timing! My student teacher has been having fun teaching shape for the last two weeks. Thanks for creating this emergent reader.

Liz McCaw from
http://crazyforkindergarten68.blogspot.com/

Karyn said...

Hi Caitlyn,

Cute Emergent Readers!

Kideducator@comcast.net

kindergarten said...

This looks AWESOME!! I have lost my Dr. Seuss file and have been searching for things to use. I love your blog!!


alivb10@gmail.com

❋Karen❋ said...

You can't just boast about making the perfect microwave chex mix and not include the recipe!!!! Please, please share it with us! My daughter is seriously addicted to Chex mix, the homemade variety! Love the Lorax book too, I'd be happy with either one! Thanks!
scottk323@gmail.com
Farming the First Grade Crop

Erika said...

Pick me! Pick me!

2B Honey Bunch
The Best Endings

Alena Yandis said...

Thanks for this blog, I really enjoyed reading your post.
The Best Antivirus Program For The Laptop
Bitdefender Internet Security Protection Ready For Every Situation
Password Management Sofware - Why Are These software So Important for Security?

aryanoone said...

Thanks for sharing such a nice Blog.I like it.
renew norton
how do i enter my mcafee product key
avg tech support phone number
contact outlook technical support
microsoft edge customer service