PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

A little fall fun!

Is it really only Wednesday?!  I swear, yesterday feels like forever ago.  And I'm still nowhere near ready for tomorrow. 

But even though my stack of school work is taller than I am, I wanted to share a little fall freebie with my friends! {Blogging is so much more fun than grading papers.}  This is going in my math stations next week as a little review of the ways to represent numbers.  There's a good chance I'll make a worksheet to go with it, but I haven't gotten there yet... {you understand, right?}

Cut them apart and the students match up the different representations of the number!  Quick review, fun, and cute!  Click here to grab a copy.
Oh, and a little funny to get through the rest of the week:

So I have my little kinderfriends lined up and ready for the hall when all of a sudden, this teeny tiny little one with glasses that slide off his nose ALL.DAY.LONG. and the sweetest, softest, most precious and hilarious little voice runs up to me...

"Teacher!Teacher!IleftmyjacketI'mgoingtogogettit."  {That is totally how he talks. All strung together and rushed and breathy.  Hilarious.  And yes, I still have 2 friends who call me teacher.  Even though I refer to myself in the third person eleventy million times a day.}

"Wait.  Where exactly are you going?"

"Tothebaffroom..."  {with one foot out the door...}

"Why is your jacket in the bathroom?"

He thought for a second and slowed down to tell me: "Well, I took it off so I wouldn't get poop on it."

All I could do is nod and point out the door, giving him permission to retrieve his unpoopy jacket.  I don't think I want to know what exactly was going on in that stall for it to be rough enough to take off his jacket.  Ohhhh, the children...they keep me laughing.

PS: If you're not signed up for Holly Bloggy Christmas.  Do it!  Now!  The first of NINE giveaways ends this Friday and you must be a participant to enter.  Check it out here.

 


12 comments:

Lana said...

Hahaha! That is a funny story!

Sally said...

Very cute! And it's just what we're working on in Math!

Love the jacket story!

Sally from ElementaryMatters

Mrs. Wheeler said...

LOL!!!!!! Love it! Honesty is great.

www.mrswheelerfirst.blogspot.com

Claire said...

This post actually brought tears to my eyes... I laughed so much!

Love wee kids! They are so funny.

Claire
http://misstoffeesclass.blogspot.com

Haley said...

THANK YOU for sharing! My 2nd graders just got through learning about the different ways to write numbers so this is awesome :)

followingoptimism.blogger.com

Cacheymama said...

I am a new follower. Thanks so much for following my blog, Cachey Mama's Classroom! Can't wait to begin reading your posts!
Lori

Mrs. Cockrell said...

LOL! I'm a new follower as well; found you through the Holly Bloggy Christmas fun!

http://mrs-cockrells-class.blogspot.com
http://teach-on.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I just gave you the Blog on Fire award - stop by and check it out!!!


Rebecca
Teaching First

Buzzin' on Cupcakes in 1st Grade! said...

LOVE this! Can't wait to use it at Math Stations on Friday!!!!

THANK YOU!!!!

Marcy @ http://busybeesandcupcakes.blogspot.com

Teachy Marie said...

Love your blogs!!! Thanks for the add!! :)

Jen R said...

lol! thank you!!

Mrs. Medeiros said...

I was just thinking of making these & saw yours! Of course yours are way prettier than the simple ones that I would have made. You've made my life so much easier! Thanx