PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Sunday, September 1, 2013

Back in the saddle...

Hello there again!  It's just been a little over a month since I've posted.  Which is a major improvement for me.

Anybody remember a little over a year ago when I left my teaching position to explore some other options?  Well guess what, my friends?  The grass isn't greener on the other side.  When you're a teacher, you're a teacher and that's all there is to it.  I've been missing teaching for a while and really got the itch to get back in the game a month or so ago.

Sooo....  Ms. Preppy is officially returning to the classroom as a third grade teacher!  And I couldn't be happier!  Tuesday will be my first day and I am PUMPED to be back in a school with a bunch of sweet kids and some awesome co-workers.  I have missed so many things about teaching and can't wait to soak it all back in.

I took a little trip down memory lane last night and read through all of the fun I used to have as a teacher...

I loved giving my students amazing advice.  Like, "Your nose is not an all you can eat buffet."

I forgot how often I used to say things and then wonder, "Seriously?!  Did those words just come out of my mouth?  I mean, did I REALLY just ask a five-year-old why she has a belly button ring in her mouth?!"

Once upon a time when I was a teacher, I made all kinds of catch-phrases happen, such as "WYDTIFOJB" {Would You Do That in Front of Justin Bieber?}

I have missed giving the "everyone passes gas" speech.  And trying not to crack up while giving it.  Because let's face it, sometimes it's just funny.

I used to feel like Bill Cosby in his "Brain Damage" sketch.  Daily.  I've lived the whole brain damage phenomenon in a very different way over the past year.  Like the brain damaged were the people I worked with.  They said "seen" instead of "saw" and "was" instead of "were."  Made this teacher's skin crawl.  

There's just nothing better than having adventures in primary and polka dots.  And I am oh so glad to be back in the land of elementary teacher funness.

11 comments:

Miss Kindergarten said...

YAY!!! I'm so excited for you!!!

Ashley Sanderson said...

How exciting!! Once a teacher, always a teacher! Glad you are back doing what you LOVE! :)

Ashley
Flying High in First Grade

wait till you see Shoretel Support said...

Continue posting.

Zeddie said...

waiting for your new updates

Top Ranked Allentown Private Detectives

Paradise Valley Cancer Treatment Center said...

Exciting! Very happy you're back on your game.

Paul Crosby said...

like your post. keep it up.

Storage Units near 90712

Clipping Path Service said...


Thanks for sharing this great post.This is so nice.

whatsapp plus themes said...

Great post! I really enjoyed reading it. Keep sharing such articles. Looking forward to learn more from you. putlocker

Adam n Eve said...

Thanks For Sharing A lot of important and useful blog, i have been already bookmarked your blog and come to read it on daily basic if I can get the spouse to concur, yours is so a lot prettier. Much thanks to you for sharing!

www.norton.com/setup
norton.com/setup
office.com/setup
www.office.com/setup

Anonymous said...

I don't like when my face cream
Download Fortnite 19 Mod

App Developers in Bangalore said...

Thank you very nice sharing.